White Card (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry)
Kelyn Training Services offers this course via Face to Face or Blended Delivery:
* “The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.”
The Construction Induction (White Card) course provides the Worksafe WA requirements and includes the respective unit of competence.
This course is a pre-requisite requirement for all MRWA Traffic Management Training.
1. Identify health and safety legislative requirements.
2. Identify construction hazards and risk control measures.
3. Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes.
4. Identify incident and emergency response procedures.
Pre Course Requirements:
Participants are required to have foundation skills to be able to read and follow simple safety instructions that are written in English. Participants will also require basic numeracy, oral communication to be able to ask questions to clarify instructions, listen to instructions to identify key safety information and problem solving skills to select risk control measures. Should you have any concerns regarding the above skills please contact the office on 9356 3455 and we will be able to assist.
This course identifies mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work.
Training and Assessment Information:
Participants are required to select their preferred method of training and assessment. Kelyn Training Services offer either full face to face or blended training and assessment. Participants will be required to successfully complete both the knowledge (theory) and the performance (practical) assessments.
- Face to face training and assessment: participants will attend the Welshpool site and undertake both the learning and assessment components during the 6 hour course, (or)
- Blended training and assessment: includes two parts to this course are Part 1 Self-directed learning (theory) and written content. Upon enrolment we will provide you a participant manual and related documentation. These documents are to be completed and returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Participants should do this as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours prior to attending the practical assessment. Part 2: Practical demonstration and verbal questioning. Following the completion of Part 1, the practical assessment and verbal questions will occur at our conveniently located Welshpool site.
– Hearing protection
– Hard hat and;
– High visibility retro reflective vest
Followed by answering general safety questions related to working safely in the construction industry. Approximate duration 30 minutes.
Note * You will select the session you wish to attend when you enrol.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Western Australian Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety Declaration Requirements:
- The Western Australia Construction Induction Training cards can only be issued to persons located in Western Australia at the time of the assessment for the CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry unit of competency;
- Participants must be located in Western Australia at the time of the assessment for the CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry unit of competency;
- Participants must provide the address where the assessment was undertaken for the CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry unit of competency;
- As part of an audit programme, participants may be contacted by the Western Australian Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety, (DMIRS) to confirm completion and assessment of the CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry unit of competence, occurred in Western Australia.
Duration of Enrolment (Blended Learning Only):
Enrolment in this course is valid for a 3 month period from registration and payment.
- Statement of Attainment in CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- WorkSafe WA White Card
- Issued on the day @ the Welshpool Training Centre and regional areas will take a little longer.
Main Roads WA Requirement:
Participants seeking accreditation for Main Roads WA traffic management must have evidence of being issued with a valid WorkSafe WA Construction Induction (white card or bluecard). Successful completion of this course will fulfil the requirement.
All Training Courses