Chainsaw and Pole Saw
This one day course provides the participants with the knowledge and skills to safely operate a handheld chainsaw and pole saw.
- Recognise and apply workplace safety procedures.
- Check and maintain chainsaw.
- Operate chainsaw
- Complete and check chainsaw operation.
- Prepare for trimming.
- Assess trees.
- Trim trees.
- Conduct operator maintenance.
Unit of Competency:
AHCMOM213 Operate and maintain chainsaws
FWPCOT3301 Trim trees using a pole saw
Pre Course Requirements:
Fitness to Train/Work:
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Participants must not be taking any medication (prescribed or otherwise) that may impair judgement
- Statements of Attainment for AHCMOM213 Operate and maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT3301 Trim trees using a pole saw
- Skills card
- Issued approximately three working days Perth metro, regional may take a little longer.
Please bring: Hand protection (safety gloves), safety boots, long pants, long sleeved shirt (PPE). It is strongly recommended that you bring with you face shield, helmet, hearing protection and chaps.
All Training Courses