Chainsaw and Pole Saw
This one day course provides the participants with the knowledge and skills to safely operate a handheld chainsaw and pole saw.
- Recognise and apply workplace safety procedures.
- Check and maintain chainsaw.
- Operate chainsaw
- Complete and check chainsaw operation.
- Prepare for trimming.
- Assess trees.
- Trim trees.
- Conduct operator maintenance.
Unit of Competency:
AHCMOM213 Operate and maintain chainsaws
FWPCOT3238 Operate a pole saw
Pre Course Requirements:
Fitness to Train/Work:
- Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Participants must not be taking any medication (prescribed or otherwise) that may impair judgement
- Statements of Attainment for AHCMOM213 Operate and maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT3238 Operate a pole saw
- Skills card
Please bring: Hand protection (safety gloves).
All Training Courses