Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Controller Renewal MRWA (BWTM &TC)
Less CTF Subsidy – you pay (Perth Rate December Special $55.50) (Kalgoorlie $202.00) (Port Hedland $237.00)
“The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.”
This course is applicable to participants who are currently (documentary experience within the past 12 months) performing the duties of a BWTM and a Traffic Controller.
The course provides participants with updated information on the latest requirements to perform BWTM and TC duties for Works on Roads in Western Australia. This course will also cover relevant changes to Australian Standard 1742.3 the Main Roads WA Traffic Management for Works on Roads Code of Practice and the Austroads Guide to Temporary Traffic Management. All Kelyn Training Services traffic management courses cover the Main Roads WA requirements.
Pre Course Requirements:
- Participants to hold a Basic WTM and Traffic Controller permit.
- Participants must have completed RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan, RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop-slow bat, RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace and RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures or equivalent unit.
- White Card or valid Blue Card.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- USI (Unique Student Identifier number). Participants can apply for the USI at our website www.kelyn.com.au or direct to www.usi.gov.au.
- Kelyn Training Services policy on Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N) for Traffic Management Courses. Should you have problems reading and writing please contact the office on 9356 3455 and we will be able to assist.
Note: New MRWA Industry Experience Evidence Requirements from 1/8/2021
- List a minimum of three worksites where you have undertaken traffic management duties in the previous 12 months (e.g. setting up signs/devices, controlling traffic, pedestrian management, etc.) Contact details of sites and the evidence me be verifiable.
- A completed SWMS used on a worksite you have signed
- Minimum one (1) of the following: documentation of a risk assessment or pre-start the you have participated in
- Minimum one (1) signed daily diary of a worksite you have implemented or details of the TMP number, contractor, etc.
- Verifiable Statement(s) of Attainment or USI Transcript; and
- MRWA Accreditation evidence must also be provided.
If the above evidence cannot be provided the full 3 day course will be required.
If you do not have the Active Industry Engagement evidence listed above is the Basic Worksite Traffic Management – Non – Practitioner accreditation applicable to you?
Basic Worksite Traffic Management - Non - Practitioner
- People that do not directly undertake TTM roles at worksites, such as parking inspectors,
surveillance officers, grader operators, verge mowers, etc., but have previously gained BWTM accreditation may find it difficult to provide evidence of active industry engagement when applying for re-accreditation. In these cases rather than re-sitting the full BWTM course, they may sit the refresher course and gain BWTM non-practitioner accreditation without the need to provide evidence of industry experience.
- This will allow them to implement signs and devices associated with short term low impact works, see AGTTM Part 5 and section 8 of the Traffic Management for Works on Roads Code of Practice, that form part of the TMP.
Note: all other requirements for BWTM re-accreditation remain the same.
- MRWA Certificate of Achievement
- MRWA photo ID permit (valid for three years) will be awarded on completion of in-class and practical assessments.
Please bring: Hand protection (safety gloves) suitable for manual handling.
All Training Courses