Pole Saw (FPICOT3238B)
To meet the required skills and knowledge level established in this qualification participants must have:
* Literacy skills sufficient to report and record workplace information and maintain documentation. E.G. complete a JSA or JHA / Comprehend and implement SOPs.
* Numeracy skills sufficient to measure estimate and calculate time required to complete a task.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
* Prepare and assess trees for pruning meeting OS&H, environmental and organizational standards.
* Trim Trees safely ensuring re-growth is established.
* Operate and maintain pole saws.
Theory, practical and verbal (scenario based) assessments will be conducted.
Statement of Attainment for Operate a Pole Saw (FPICOT3238B)
Units 1, 2 or 4, Building F
Welshpool Business Enterprise Centre
33-37 Murray Road South
WELSHPOOL WA 6106
12.30pm to 4.30pm
Recommended for those who use pole saws in the workplace or at home this course will have particular appeal to parks & gardens personnel, tree loppers, landscapers and the everyday gardening enthusiast.
NOTE: Participants must wear long trousers and a long sleeved shirt, steel capped boots and any additional PPE required in their workplace (e.g. Safety helmet, eye and ear protection, Hi-visibility clothing etc).